Equality and diversity promotes opportunity for all, giving every one the chance to achieve their potential, free from prejudice and discrimination. Although sometimes used interchangeably, the terms ‘equality’ and ‘diversity’ are not the same. Equality is about fairness and the respect of individual needs. Diversity is about recognising, valuing and taking into account people’s different backgrounds, knowledge, skills, needs and experiences. If you employ staff or work with, or along-side other people you need to consider our Equality and Diversity Course. This e-learning module provides essential information as outlined in UK legislation. The module clarifies the employers and employees roles and responsibilities both legally and morally to demonstrate statutory compliance. The training explains what equality and diversity is and isn’t! Looks at why equality and diversity matters in the work place, in addition to identifying how to spot and re-act to unfair discrimination. The module also explains how to devise a positive equality and diversity policy with the inclusion of areas such as reasonable adjustments and steps.
By the end of this course you will have learned:
• The legal background to equality and diversity (The Equality Act 2010).
• How to define equality and diversity.
• The “”protected characteristics”” described in the Equality Act.
• The nature and types of discrimination as described in The Equality Act.
• Exemptions from The Equality Act.
• What equality and diversity is – and isn’t.
• The legal case for equality and diversity.
• How to spot discrimination in the workplace.
• How to react to discrimination at work.
• How to handle bullying and harassment at work.
• How to devise a positive equality and diversity policy.
• What ‘positive discrimination’, ‘reasonable adjustments’ and ‘reasonable steps’ are.
• Additional information on disability at work.
• Why equality and diversity matters.
• The positive case for equality and diversity.
10% discount for 10 users purchased and 15% discount for 20 users. For larger purchases, site licences or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
Discounts are calculated during the checkout process.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected]