Equality and diversity promotes opportunity for all, giving every one the chance to achieve their potential, free from prejudice and discrimination. Although sometimes used interchangeably, the terms ‘equality’ and ‘diversity’ are not the same. Equality is about fairness and the respect of individual needs. Diversity is about recognising, valuing and taking into account people’s different backgrounds, knowledge, skills, needs and experiences.
If you employ staff or work with, or along-side other people you need to consider our Equality and Diversity online course.
This e-learning module provides essential information as outlined in UK legislation and;
- Clarifies the employers and employees roles and responsibilities both legally and morally to demonstrate statutory compliance.
- Explains what equality and diversity is and isn’t!
- Looks at why equality and diversity matters in the work place, in addition to identifying how to spot and re-act to unfair discrimination.
- Explains how to devise a positive equality and diversity policy with the inclusion of areas such as reasonable adjustments and steps.
By the end of this Equality and Diversity online course you will have learned:
- The legal background to equality and diversity (The Equality Act 2010).
- How to define equality and diversity.
- The “”protected characteristics”” described in the Equality Act.
- The nature and types of discrimination as described in The Equality Act.
- Exemptions from The Equality Act.
- What equality and diversity is – and isn’t.
- The legal case for equality and diversity.
- How to spot discrimination in the workplace.
- How to react to discrimination at work.
- How to handle bullying and harassment at work.
- How to devise a positive equality and diversity policy.
- What ‘positive discrimination’, ‘reasonable adjustments’ and ‘reasonable steps’ are.
- Additional information on disability at work.
- Why equality and diversity matters.
- The positive case for equality and diversity.