This CPD and CMA Certified SEND online course consists of 22 individual modules that will take you through the entire process of teaching individuals with special needs. The course is designed to provide you with the tools that you will require in order to make a difference to how individuals are taught, and give you a better understanding of their requirements and the challenges they face.
By the end of the course you will be asked to take a test in order to show that you have understood the information provided throughout the various modules. This will then give you the knowledge to be able to work within this field.
Each module is designed to give you a real insight into the Special Education Needs industry from start to finish.
In addition, the modules will also cover the relevant code of practice that any practitioner within this field needs to be aware of to ensure that potentially vulnerable individuals are being taught in the correct manner.
Please note that as SEN systems vary in each nation of the UK – the code of practice implementation covered in Module 4 refers only to the system in England.
As you move further into the course, you will be taken through various disabilities, both physical and mental, to provide you with a better understanding of how to handle their issues allowing them to make better progress than ever before. There will also be specific details on issues such as autism, dyslexia, dyspraxia and ADHD, due to the complexities surrounding the handling of these issues.
Furthermore, this Special Education Needs course is designed to help you deal with issues that may arise at various times, including anger from the individuals you are dealing with on a daily basis. This is regarded as being an important skill for any educator to have at their disposal due to the nature of the work that they do, hence it being given its own module to give you the best possible insight into handling that situation. We will also provide you with information on psychological issues and behaviours to give you an all-round understanding of their needs.
Finally, you will be taught the latest and best teaching methods and strategies for this particular field, allowing you to better prepare each and every lesson to make sure that the individuals will be able to get the absolute most out of each session. Once the course is completed, you will be better placed to work within this field and able to handle any situation that may arise throughout your working day.
You will learn;
- An understanding of what is involved in SEND
- The code of practice that you must abide by
- How to understand various disabilities
- How to cope with anger issues
- The psychological impact and dealing with problems
- How to best structure a class for each individual
- The latest teaching methods and strategies
- The outcome of education
- Your responsibility as a teacher
This Complete SEND Diploma contains the following modules;
- Introduction to Special Education Needs
- The History and Evolution of SEN
- Constructivist Theories of Learning
- SEN Code of Practice and Its Implementation in England
- SENCO Support for SEN Students
- The Different Types of Needs
- Identification, Assessment and Support of SEN Pupils
- Behavours: Reasons and Restorative Practices
- Undestanding Sensory Impairments and Physical Disabilities
- Understanding and Addressing Difficulties in Cognition and Learning
- Speech, Language, and Common Communication Issues
- Learning Difficulties: Autism
- Learning Difficulties: Dyslexia
- Learning Difficulties: Dyspraxia
- Learning Difficulties: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- The Importance of SEN Knowledge
- Specific Learning Difficulties
- Psychological Perspectives on Behaviour
- Understanding and Managing Anger
- Teaching Approaches and Strategies
- Educational Outcomes
- Every Teacher’s Responsibility
Course Structure and Audience
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
The course is broken down into 22 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Once you have completed all 22 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 22 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing. The pass mark for the test is 70%.
If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
A CMA Approved Course
The Complementary Medical Association (The CMA) promotes ethical, responsible, professional complementary medicine to the public and the medical profession.
They believe that by promoting The CMA and it’s Registered Members they help the public and doctors realise that complementary and integrative medicine is – when delivered safely and ethically – a viable and highly desirable form of healthcare.
In addition, they are able to help members of the public who wish to train in the complementary medical field to access bonafide training courses.
A CPD Certified Course
CPD certification means that the course has reached the required Continuing Professional Development (CPD) standards and benchmarks, and the learning values have been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality by the CPD Certification Service. CPD accreditation is recognised and respected internationally. Certification shows a clear commitment to self-development and professionalism.
The course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.