Why is baby first aid important?
Many parents are worried about different conditions that could affect their baby. If you’re a parent, grandparent, a carer or if you work with babies, learning baby first aid will give you confidence to save a life when it really counts.
Our baby first aid course teaches simple, lifesaving skills. First aid topics are taught in line with babies’ developmental stages, helping to reassure parents and prepare them for the first year and beyond.
We cover a whole range of different conditions and techniques; from knowing how to put an infant in the recovery position if they are unresponsive but breathing, to giving cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) if they’re not.
What will you learn?
- Primary survey
- What to do if your baby is choking
- What to do if your baby is unresponsive
- What to do if your baby has a seizure
- What to do if your baby isn’t breathing
- What are the requirements?
Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for parents, grandparents and anyone who spends time looking after babies.
Who are St John Ambulance?
St John Ambulance is the UK’s leading first aid charity.
Our volunteers provide first aid in their communities, keeping people safe at events, and working alongside the NHS in response to 999 calls. We’re also always campaigning to raise awareness of first aid and directly educate the public.
St John Ambulance training
Every year, more than 400,000 people learn how to save a life through our training programmes, including hundreds of thousands of young people.
We’re the leading provider of workplace training, reaching over 250,000 people a year and we also teach in the community, giving people access to important skills they wouldn’t otherwise get the chance to learn.
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.