The course aims to help anyone who works with children or has regular contact with children to recognise and respond to situations where abuse linked to beliefs in ‘witchcraft’ or ‘spirit possession’ has occurred or may occur.
For example, those who work in schools, healthcare, social care, faith organisations, community groups or the police.
This course will enable you to:
• Know what witchcraft is and the language used by perpetrators to refer to it
• Know what the beliefs are and how widespread they are in the UK
• Know which communities or groups may believe in witchcraft
• Know what kind of abuses can occur in relation to witchcraft
• Learn about who the perpetrators might be
• Understand what the future holds for a victim
• Learn how to help prevent the next Victoria Climbié
• Learn about the common features and warning signs of witchcraft abuse
• Learn about the indicators of witchcraft abuse
• Learn about the issues around migration
• Learn about the common features about the abuser
• Know what the key policies and legislation are in relation to abuse linked to witchcraft
• Know the importance of understanding the limitations of your role
• Understand the importance of addressing any misguided attitudes that you may have
• Understand the importance of community led approaches to preventing witchcraft abuse
• Learn what to do if you suspect a child is at risk of witchcraft abuse or is experiencing abuse
The course is split into three modules:
• The Belief and Abuse
• Risk Factors
• Challenges for the Professional
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be automatically awarded a certificate containing the course name and completion date.
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email email@example.com.