This online course aims to help anyone who works with children or has regular contact with children to recognise and respond to situations where abuse linked to beliefs in ‘witchcraft’ or ‘spirit possession’ has occurred or may occur.
For example, those who work in schools, healthcare, social care, faith organisations, community groups or the police.
This online course will enable you to:
- Know what witchcraft is and the language used by perpetrators to refer to it
- Know what the beliefs are and how widespread they are in the UK
- Know which communities or groups may believe in witchcraft
- Know what kind of abuses can occur in relation to witchcraft
- Learn about who the perpetrators might be
- Understand what the future holds for a victim
- Learn how to help prevent the next Victoria Climbié
- Learn about the common features and warning signs of witchcraft abuse
- Learn about the indicators of witchcraft abuse
- Learn about the issues around migration
- Learn about the common features about the abuser
- Know what the key policies and legislation are in relation to abuse linked to witchcraft
- Know the importance of understanding the limitations of your role
- Understand the importance of addressing any misguided attitudes that you may have
- Understand the importance of community led approaches to preventing witchcraft abuse
- Learn what to do if you suspect a child is at risk of witchcraft abuse or is experiencing abuse
1 hour 30 minutes
This online course is split into three modules:
- The Belief and Abuse
- Risk Factors
- Challenges for the Professional
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be automatically awarded a certificate containing the course name and completion date.
A CPD Certified Course
This online course has reached the required Continuing Professional Development (CPD) standards and benchmarks, and the learning values have been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality by the CPD Certification Service.
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.