This course is for all staff and students who might come into contact with children or vulnerable adults as part of their work / placement.
This includes teaching staff, students engaged in research or off campus activities that bring them into contact with children or vulnerable adults, administrative and support staff, security staff, employees in the student union, accommodation officers, health centre employees, etc.
Many employees do not have regular contact with children or vulnerable adults, but benefit from a basic understanding of the principles of safeguarding for both of these groups. This four module course looks at these key principles in a short, engaging e-learning course.
On completion, you will be able to recognise the signs of child and adult abuse and understand your role in reporting and preventing abuse of children and adults. By taking this course, you might just be able to spot abuse and prevent a child or adult from suffering.
On completion of this course, you’ll have a knowledge of:
- What child and adult abuse are
- The types of child and adult abuse
- How to recognise child and adult abuse
- Impact on students under the age of 18
- Legislation relating to safeguarding children and safeguarding adults
- When to report suspected abuse of children or adults
- How to respond to disclosed abuse of children or adults
- How to minimise the risk of abuse
- What makes an adult vulnerable
- Issues of consent
- Treating adults with dignity and respect
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be automatically awarded a certificate containing the course name and completion date.
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email email@example.com.