During this Project Management Fundamentals online course we will explore how everyday skills can be brought to bear on even quite complex projects and start looking at how to turn you into a truly ace Project Manager!
By examining everyday projects, we can start to understand the theory and practice behind successful Project Management all of which will make you not just a Project Manager but a more highly skilled individual in general.
This course gets back to basics and bridges the gap between starting out, when the new Project Manager thinks that they know nothing and feels utterly overwhelmed, to the stage at which they feel ready to start taking on more complex challenges and maybe even understand some of those intimidating volumes on the subject.
The course comprises of 12 sessions:
- Could YOU be a project manager?
- How to lead a team through a project
- All about stakeholders
- The Life Cycle and structure of a project
- Preparing the Business Case with the end in mind
- Planning the plan
- Creating the project plan
- All about resources
- Managing Quality, Risks and Issues
- A few crumbs about change management
- How to deliver on a project plan
- How to learn from your experiences for the next project
A number of workbook activities and templates are also available and examined during the course.
- Project Management skills assessment
- Project Management behaviour | soft skills assessment
- Project Manager Job Description
- Ideal project management keywords
- CV Template
- Interview questions and sample answers
- Stakeholder plan
- Stakeholder analysis
- Project Sponsor personal assessment
- Project Sponsor assessment
- Project initiation document
- Mind Map
- GANNT Chart
- Checklist for managing resources
- Issues Log
- Checklist for managing and mitigating risks
- Risk Log
- Six thinking hats
- Maslow and project management
- Kotter’s 8 steps for change
- Pareto Hypothesis
- Mitigating risk with CAPRAT
- Understanding the critical path
- Project Management triangle
- SWOT and PESTLE
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.