In this new post-recession world we live in, accountability is more important than ever, and delivery and realisation of Benefits at the top of most senior executives list of priorities.
The reason organisations invest in change is to realise benefits, yet it is estimated that around two thirds of projects fail to realise those benefits, because the benefits are not being correctly forecasted, measured or managed to successful delivery.
The purpose of the Managing Benefits guidance and certification scheme is to provide managers and practitioners from multiple disciplines, working in a variety of organisations, with generally applicable guidance encompassing benefits management principles, practices and techniques.
You will have access to the Managing Benefits Foundation online training course for one year so you can study at your own pace. The Managing Benefits Foundation course will take around 10 hours to complete. Once you have completed the course you can test your knowledge on the Managing Benefits Foundation mock exam simulator. Once you are achieving over 60% on the Managing Benefits Foundation mock exam simulator you can put yourself in for the real Managing Benefits Foundation exam. The Managing Benefits Foundation exam can be taken online or in a test centre. Exams can be booked at the reduced rate of £155 through the course trainer.
The target audience includes all those with a role in ensuring best use of funds by maximizing the benefits realized from change initiatives. This multi-disciplinary group includes:
- Change leaders (e.g. senior responsible owners & directors of change)
- Change initiators (e.g. strategic planners and policy leads)
- Change appraisers and evaluators (e.g. business case developers and project appraisers)
- Change implementers/enablers (e.g. portfolio, programme & project managers)
- Change support staff (e.g. portfolio, programme & project office staff).
Everyone involved in managing benefits, development of the Business Case, or indeed the Project will benefit from the tools and techniques described in the online Managing Benefits course, and can go on to take a recognised certification through the Foundation exam.
Although Managing Benefits would apply to any organisation undertaking change, it is particularly relevant to companies using PRINCE2® or MSP®, and builds on the Benefits Realisation within the project and programme lifecycle.
As an individual, Managing Benefits also builds on your existing qualifications of PRINCE2® or MSP® to better plan, forecast and realise improvements for your business. It consolidates existing guidance on benefits management into one place, while expanding on the specific practices and techniques aimed at optimising benefits realisation.
This Managing Benefits course offers learners:
– Online access to the accredited multimedia e-learning course for one whole year (approx. 8 hours of study time)
– Interactive quizzes and mock exam simulator to test knowledge ahead of the exam
– A flexible exam process – take online via a webcam or at a local test centre
This course does not include the official course manual.
On completion of this course you will have
- Enhanced professional competence through benefits management practices and techniques.
- The ability to implement methods, including knowledge of management accountancy, behavioural finance, psychology, neuro-science and systems thinking.
- An understanding of the seven principles upon which successful approaches to benefits management are built and applied to projects, programmes and portfolios. The guide provides a route map to adoption of more cost-effective techniques and practices.
- The ability to be adept at forecasting realistic benefits to produce business cases which address business issues and objectives and provide a route to measure success.
- The competency to outline costs and benefits to drive business objectives.
Benefits for your organisation:
- Realise benefits to improve prospects in terms of investors, clients, revenue and efficiency levels regardless of professional discipline and type of organization.
- Ability to demonstrate more efficient and effective practices through better use of available resources. This enhances an organisation’s ability to retain motivated and skilled change management staff and to attract investors.
- Improved return on investment from change initiatives as more benefits are realised and sustained for longer.
- Enhanced confidence on the part of regulators and funding agencies – so helping ensure continued funding for change.
- Have an organisation-wide understanding of the benefits a project or programme will produce and be able to measure when they are realised.
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email email@example.com.