This course is aimed at:
• New members of staff in Healthcare Support Worker roles
• New members of staff in Adult Social Care Worker roles
• Any staff members who provide direct care to patients or individuals needing support
This course will also be useful for:
• Staff moving into new roles within their organisation
• Refreshing the knowledge of any member of staff
In this course you will learn:
• What dignity is
• How privacy and dignity can be compromised
• How to ensure that privacy and dignity are maintained
• How to support individuals to make decisions
• What is the Mental Capacity Act
• When risk assessments are necessary
• What to do if you disagree with a decision
• How to encourage active participation
• What are the benefits of active participation
• The principles of self-care
The course is made up of four modules which are:
• Principles that underpin privacy and dignity in care
• Maintain the privacy and dignity of the individual(s) in your care
• Support an individual’s right to make choices and Support individuals in making choices about their care
• Understand how to support active participation and Support the individual in active participation in their own care
Each module takes between five and ten minutes to complete; the modules that contain video clips take a little longer.
The knowledge element of standard 7 of the Care Certificate is covered in this course.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be automatically awarded a certificate containing the course name, completion date and CPD hours.
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected]