This course is aimed at anyone wishing to gain the qualification, ideally having already achieved the PRINCE2® Foundation level qualification. This course would benefit:
Team Managers and support staff
Staff who will have a defined role
Project Management Consultants.
The Practitioner is the second of the two PRINCE2® examinations you are required to pass to become a PRINCE2® Practitioner, and aims to measure whether a candidate would be able to apply PRINCE2® to the running and managing of a project within an environment supporting PRINCE2®.
To this end you need to exhibit the competence that was required for you to pass your Foundation qualification, and additionally show that you can apply and tune PRINCE2® to address the needs and problems of a specific project scenario. Specifically, you must be able to:
- Produce detailed explanations of all principles, themes and processes and worked examples of all PRINCE2® products as they might be applied to address the particular circumstances of a given project scenario.
- Show you understand the relationships between principles, themes and processes and PRINCE2® products and can apply this understanding.
- Demonstrate that you understand the reasons behind the principles, themes and processes of PRINCE2®, and that you understand the principles underpinning these elements.
- Demonstrate your ability to tune PRINCE2® to different project circumstances.
PRINCE2® Practitioner Examination
Candidates must achieve a pass at PRINCE2® Foundation level before completing the PRINCE2® Practitioner examination.
The PRINCE2® Practitioner exam format:
- Objective testing
- 8 questions – 10 question items per question, each worth one mark
- 44 marks or more required to pass (out of 80 available) – 55%
- Two-and-a-half hours (150 minutes) duration, no additional reading time
- Open-book examination (only the official PRINCE2® Manual).
PRINCE2® Practitioners must complete and pass a PRINCE2® Re-registration examination every 3-5 years to remain accredited. This re-registration comprises a 1-hour examination set at the same standard as the Practitioner examination. This exam can be booked at the reduced rate of £270 with the course trainers.
When ready to take your exam there is a flexible exam-taking process, suited to individual needs. Online learners can choose to take their exam either:
Online – It doesn’t matter where in the world you are based, the exam can be taken online via your webcam and at a time suitable for you!
At a local test centre – London, Milton Keynes, Chester, Birmingham, Manchester or York.
Exams can be booked at the reduced rate of £220 with the course trainers.
This course does not include the official Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2® manual (2009, 5th Edition; ISBN Number: 9780113310593) however this will be required to complete the Practitioner examination.
- Exam Technique and how to use the manual
- Processes SU and IP
- Processes CS and MP
- Processes DP, SB, CP
- Business Case
- Organisation, team and processes
- Quality Theme
- Plans Theme
- Risk Theme
- Change Theme
- Progress Theme
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.