This course is aimed at:
• New members of staff in Healthcare Support Worker roles
• New members of staff in Adult Social Care Worker roles
• Any staff members who provide direct care to patients or individuals needing support
This course will also be useful for:
• Staff moving into new roles within their organisation
• Refreshing the knowledge of any member of staff
In this course you will learn:
• What is a learning disability
• What the experience of a person with a learning disability might be
• The possible support needs of people with mild, moderate and severe learning disabilities
• What is dementia
• What the experience a person with dementia might be
• The possible support needs of people with mild, moderate and severe dementia
• About different types of mental illness
• What the experience of a person with a mental illness might be
• The possible support needs of people with different mental illnesses
• How to promote the safety of people with a disability
• What are social and medical models of disability
• How to support a person with a learning disability, dementia or a mental illness
• The importance of early diagnosis
• About the legislation relating to people with mental illness, learning disability or dementia
• The requirement for confidentiality
• About mental capacity and decision-making
This course contains eight bite-sized modules that use practice-based scenarios, videos and engaging questions to bring the subject to life.
The eight modules are:
• Mental Illness – Understand the needs and experiences of people with mental health conditions
• Learning disabilities – Understand the needs and experiences of people with learning disabilities
• Dementia – Understand the needs and experiences of people with dementia
• Understand the importance of promoting positive health and wellbeing for an individual who may have a mental health condition, dementia or learning disability
• Understand the adjustments which may be necessary in care delivery relating to an individual who may have a mental health condition, dementia or learning disability
• Understand the importance of early detection of mental health conditions, dementia and learning disabilities
• Understand legal frameworks, policy and guidelines relating to mental health conditions, dementia and learning disabilities
• Understand the meaning of mental capacity in relation to how care is provided
The knowledge element of standard 9 of the Care Certificate is covered in this course.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be automatically awarded a certificate containing the course name, completion date, CPD hours and learning objectives.
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.