This Information Security online course provides awareness on the dangers of poor information security and how to defend against it. It offers guidance on the use of different devices, how to spot malware and the creation of strong passwords.
By the end of the course you will have learned about:
• What information security is.
• What cybersecurity is.
• Why information security is important in your work life.
• Why information security is important in your personal life.
• The dangers and costs of poor information security.
• What malware is.
• How to spot and defend against malware.
• Information security and mobile devices.
• Information security and mobile working.
• How to create strong passwords and avoid weak ones.
• Perimeter security.
• Network security.
• Social engineering threats and how to avoid them.
• The Data Protection Act and information security.
• Information security and portable memory devices.
• Information security and social media.
A CPD Certified Course
This online course has reached the required Continuing Professional Development (CPD) standards and benchmarks, and the learning values have been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality by the CPD Certification Service.
CPD helps individuals to focus on how they can become a more effective professional. It enables them to adapt positively to changes in work/industry requirements. CPD shows a clear commitment to self-development and professionalism.
For larger purchases, site licences or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.