The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) online eLearning training course will look at how the new regulations replace the UK data protection act and the EU data protection directive. It will cover how it will be used to bring inline data protection and reduce variation across existing legislation and data protection principals.
Importantly, the GDPR eLearning course will show how the regulations will affect both organisations in the EU and organisations outside of the EU that handle personal EU data of EU citizens.
As you’d expect the GDPR eLearning course includes information on the new severe penalties and fines for non-compliance as well as the role of the ICO and how they regulate.
It provides practical advice on protecting personal information and what GDPR is set up to protect.
The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) e-learning course also looks at:
The Principals of Data Protection
- Understanding the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and how to protect personal information.
- The principles of why GDPR has been set up.
- How the GDPR is enforced and regulated by the ICO.
- Identification and familiarization with the principals of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- How to identify the different types of data that you may encounter and advice on how these different types of data are processed.
- Explanation of legislation on the transfer of data across international borders.
GDPR Framework and Penalties
- How bad practices can lead to non-compliance and significant penalties.
- Determining the correct procedure with subject access requests.
- Understanding an individual’s GDPR rights.
- Application of an individual’s GDPR rights and how they are infringed.
- The Application of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Application of the key foundations such as security checks, processing young peoples’ data and the distribution of data both externally and internally.
- Practical checklist of the checks you should have in place to reduce the risk of non-compliance.
By the end of the course you will have learned about:
- What is Data Protection
- Introduction to Data Protection
- The role of the Data Officer
- Data Protection Principles
- Impact and readiness information relating to the new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
- Introduction to GDPR
- What is a compliance checklist
- Implications of transferring and moving data
- Non-compliance issues
- Subject access requests
- Infringements of rights
A CPD Certified Course
This online course has reached the required Continuing Professional Development (CPD) standards and benchmarks, and the learning values have been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality by the CPD Certification Service.
CPD helps individuals to focus on how they can become a more effective professional. It enables them to adapt positively to changes in work/industry requirements. CPD shows a clear commitment to self-development and professionalism.
For larger purchases, site licences or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.