This course is aimed at:
• Anyone who works with or can access / view personal, confidential and / or sensitive information
• Anyone of works for / with an organisation
• Anyone who works / deals with the general public
This course will enable you to understand:
- The GDPR and the new Data Protection Act
- The key differences between the current data protection regime and the new one
- The primary aim of the new legislation
- Who the legislation applies to and how they will be affected
- What is meant by personal data and special category data
- Why protecting personal data is important
- What the core data protection principles are
- The improved rights for individuals
- The new conditions for consent
- Who administers the penalties
- The importance of keeping data secure and what needs to be protected
- The main threats to data and data systems
- The basics of cyber security
- Key steps to keeping data secure in the workplace
- How to protect information whilst working on the move
- The importance of keeping data secure
- The principles and purpose of the Freedom of Information Act
- The key terminology associated with the Freedom of Information Act
- What a Freedom of Information request is
- What information can be requested and what information is exempt
- How and why a refused request decision can be challenged
A course bundle is a collection of courses grouped together to create a comprehensive training programme.
Course bundles enable you to learn more about a particular subject and are more cost-effective.
This course bundle contains the following courses:
- Data Protection Law, Definitions and Principles
- Information and Cyber Security
- Freedom of Information Act
These courses require Adobe Flash to be installed on your device and enabled in your browser.
Upon successful completion of this course bundle, you will be automatically awarded a certificate containing the course name and completion date.
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.