This course is aimed at:
• New members of staff in Healthcare Support Worker roles
• New members of staff in Adult Social Care Worker roles
• Any staff members who provide direct care to patients or individuals needing support
This course will also be useful for:
• Staff moving into new roles within their organisation
• Refreshing the knowledge of any member of staff
In this course you will learn:
• About how infection can get into the body
• The causes of disease
• How you can stop the spread of infection
• How to maintain good hand hygiene
• What to do if you are ill
• What is personal protective equipment (PPE)
• When and how to use PPE
• What to do with soiled linen and clinical waste
This course contains four bite-sized modules that use practice-based scenarios, videos and engaging questions to bring the subject to life.
The five modules are:
• Describe the main ways infection can get into the body
• Demonstrate effective hand hygiene
• Explain how your own health or hygiene might pose a risk to the individuals you support or work with
• List common types of personal protective clothing, equipment and procedures and how and when to use them
• Explain the principles of safe handling of infected or soiled linen and clinical waste
Each module takes between five and ten minutes to complete; the modules that contain video clips take a little longer.
The knowledge element of standard 15 of the Care Certificate is covered in this course.
Upon successful completion of this course you will be automatically awarded a certificate containing the course name and completion date.
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.