The course provides an introduction and some background to the new Data Protection Act and the GDPR which will be incorporated within this Act.
It talks about why the new legislation is being introduced; the similarities and differences between the old regime and the new one; and the enhanced rights we all have in relation to the processing of our personal data.
This course contains the following three modules:
Introduction and Background
Definitions and Principles
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a knowledge of:
- Why the new data protection law is being introduced
- The key differences between the current data protection regime and the new one
- The primary aims of the new data protection legislation
- Who the legislation applies to
- What rights people have over the processing of their data
- The grounds for the exercising of these rights
- What information needs to be provided to a data subject
- How to respond to subject access requests and other requests from individuals
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].