This course will increase your understanding of the Data Protection Act and the GDPR, which set the rules for handling personal information.
With increased penalties for non-compliance under the new data protection regime, this course is a valuable resource to help you stay on the right side of the law.
This course is particularly aimed at those who work with (or can access) personal data and/or sensitive personal data (now called special category data). It’s a good grounding in data protection for anyone who deals with data of this nature.
On completion of this course you will understand:
- The GDPR and the new Data Protection Act
- The key differences between the current data protection regime and the new one
- The primary aim of the new legislation
- Who the legislation applies to and how they will be affected
- What is meant by personal data and special category data
- Why protecting personal data is important
- What the core data protection principles are
- The improved rights for individuals
- The new conditions for consent
- Who administers the penalties
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].