Lesson 1: Overview
- FOIA is designed to encourage a culture of openness and transparency in government and the public sector.
- Openness and transparency help to increase public trust in government, benefiting both the general public and the PAs.
- FOIA is overseen by the ICO.
- PAs are obliged to release information requested unless there is a good reason not to, and all requesters must be treated equally.
Lesson 2: Information requests
- PAs must handle FOI requests neutrally and in a timely fashion.
- While the spirit of FOIA is to promote openness and transparency, there are a number of acceptable reasons for a request to be denied.
- The ICO can intervene in cases of dispute between requester and PA. Both parties have the right to appeal decisions made by the ICO.
Lesson 3: Publication schemes
- FOIA encourages PAs to proactively and routinely publish information.
- PAs should follow the ICOs publication scheme and definition documents to ensure compliance.
- Information not available through the PAs publication scheme should be requested via a FOI request.
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].