This online course focuses on providing learners with the skills and confidence to not only comply with legal requirements but to be allies and help make the workplace a more supportive and inclusive environment.
Equity and Diversity
- Learn how to discuss equity and diversity issues confidently
- Define protected characteristics
- Identify different types of discrimination
- Explain the benefits of a diverse workplace
- Describe how people can play a positive role and be an ally
- Understand why making assumptions can be problematic
- Recognise that we all have biases
- Follow a model for challenging biases and staying objective
- Articulate the benefits of diverse perspectives and contributions
- Discuss emerging D&I issues ie, gender fluidity, trans rights and neurodiversity
- Respond effectively when offence is unintentionally caused
There are no entry requirements.
Course assessment and certification
On successful completion of the final assessment a downloadable certificate is immediately available from your Online Training Academy Dashboard