The CompTIA IT fundamentals course is designed to help anyone learn about the exciting world of IT. It gives candidates the basic IT fundamental skills needed in this industry and is based on different areas of IT, including hardware, software, programming, security, and infrastructure.
This is the ideal place to start for anyone new to the world of IT. It will form the foundation of your learning as the information that you learn from this CompTIA IT Fundamentals course will carry you forward to any additional certifications you gain in the future.
The IT industry is one of the most lucrative markets to enter. Over the past few decades, the IT industry has exploded in terms of creating new job roles and incorporating IT technologies in everyday use. Studies have shown that the IT industry is growing year on year and many predict that there will be many IT job roles unfilled over the next few years. This CompTIA IT Fundamentals course will try to fill in the gaps where IT job roles are needed by giving students their first step towards a career in IT.
You will sit an exam at a local test centre. We provide interactive quizzes after each module and a mock exam at the end of your course to ensure you are fully prepared for the real thing. Once you’ve passed with at least 80%, you’ll be able to book your exam as a private candidate. We can help you find an appropriate exam centre and give you all the information you need to secure your place.
The CompTIA IT Fundamentals exam assesses the candidate’s knowledge in the areas of troubleshooting theory and preventative maintenance. This includes looking at the issues behind the problems and resolving them using your technical IT skills. In addition to this, the candidate will have to be able to demonstrate that they can incorporate prevention methods to stop these issues reoccurring in the future. This is the ideal exam for anyone who’s interested in pursuing an IT career and has a genuine passion for IT.
To earn your CompTIA IT Fundamentals certification, you’ll be required to study the CompTIA IT Fundamentals course and pass the CompTIA IT Fundamentals exams (CompTIA FC0-061 Exams). Examinations must be sat at a registered Pearson Vue test centre.
How do I schedule my exam?
Once you’re fully prepared and ready to sit your exam, all you’ll have to do is purchase your exam voucher and schedule your exam at a test centre near you.
Please note that the CompTIA exam fees are not included in the course price. To find the latest exam prices, please click here.
- IT CONCEPTS & TERMINOLOGY – Comprehend notational systems, illustrate the basics of computing and explain the value of data and troubleshooting.
- INFRASTRUCTURE – Know how to set up and install common peripheral devices to a laptop/PC or secure a basic wireless network.
- APPLICATIONS & SOFTWARE – Manage applications software, understand the various components of an operating system and explain the purpose of methods of application architecture.
- SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT – Comprehend programming language categories, interpret logic, and understand the purpose of programming concepts.
- DATABASE FUNDAMENTALS – Able to explain database concepts, structures, and purpose, as well as understands methods used to interface.
- SECURITY – Understand confidentiality, integrity, and availability concerns of secure devices and best practice methods.
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.