This CPD Certified Cognitive Behavioural Therapy online course will allow you to gain insight into a number of common mental health conditions, which is useful for anyone working in, or looking to work in, a caring profession. You will also learn;
- What is meant by the term ‘cognitive behavioural therapy’ (CBT) and the underlying principles that guide CBT practitioners.
- How counselling works to promote change and the basic counselling skills every therapist needs to develop.
- How to develop listening skills that promote client disclosure and how to communicate empathy.
- How to help clients identify their irrational beliefs and how the ABC model is used to guide CBT.
- How to formulate a case and plan CBT sessions.
- How to select and implement CBT tools such as journaling, behavioural experiments and challenging maladaptive thoughts.
- How to use CBT techniques to help someone overcome depression and resume engagement with day-to-day life.
- How to use CBT techniques to reduce the impact of a client’s anxiety, overcome panic attacks and conquer phobias.
- How thoughts, feelings and behaviours cause and maintain insomnia, and how CBT can help a client resume a normal sleeping pattern.
- An overview of two therapies based on CBT – Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT) and Solution-Focused Therapy (SFT) – and the client populations most likely to benefit from them.
This online CBT Diploma course has 10 modules which you can study from any location with an inernet connection;
- The Underlying Principles Behind CBT
- Basic Counselling Skills
- Further Counselling Skills
- Case Formulation, Irrational Beliefs and the ABC Model
- Planning a CBT Session
- Basic CBT Techniques
- Further CBT Techniques
- Using CBT in the Treatmet of Depression, Anxiety and Phobias
- Using CBT in the Treatment of Excessive Anger and Insomnia
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) and Solution-Focused Therapy (SFT)
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about CBT should take the course. There are no entry requirements.
The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience. You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Once you have completed all 10 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 10 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing. The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
We estimate that the course will take about 14 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
A CPD Certified Course
CPD certification means that the course has reached the required Continuing Professional Development (CPD) standards and benchmarks, and the learning values have been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality by the CPD Certification Service. CPD accreditation is recognised and respected internationally. Certification shows a clear commitment to self-development and professionalism.
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.