This online Certificate in Education and Training qualification is suitable for individuals who:
- want a qualification which focuses on practical teaching;
- are currently teaching and want to have their experience and practice accredited;
- are able to undertake a qualification of medium size;
- have the potential to study at this level, which has the same level of demand as the first year of an undergraduate degree;
The online CET means that you can start at any time, and access the course materials and assessments at times to suit you.
Students are required to complete 6 units that focus on the planning, delivering, and assessing of learners, as well as using resources effectively, and teaching in a specialist area. All course materials are provided online, so there are no additional costs.
Students must be aged 19 and over, and should already be in a teaching position – you need to produce evidence of 30 hours of teaching practice (including 3 hours of observations) that need to be logged and signed off by your line manager.
Most students complete the CET within 3 months.
Teaching Practice and Observations
You will need to produce evidence of 30 hours of teaching practice which will include 3 observations adding up to 3 hours.
The 3 observations required for the Certificate in Education are an assessment of the materials you create, your interactions with your learners and the professional discussions that occur between you the candidate and the assessor.
The teaching hours can be completed anywhere but must be carried out by a qualified teacher, and evidence of development needs to be provided over a period of time.
Remote observations are possible by virtual means i.e via webcam, however video evidence is not accepted, it must be live. You will need to explain why a direct observation was not possible.
This CET online course is comprised of six units:
Unit 1 – Understanding Roles, Responsibilities & Relationships in Education & Training
12 hours Credits: 3
Unit 2 – Planning to Meet the Needs of Learners in Education & Training
15 hours Credits: 3
Unit 3 – Delivering Education & Training
24 hours Credits: 6
Unit 4 – Assessing Learners in Education & Training
24 hours Credits: 6
Unit 5 – Using Resources for Education & Training
15 hours Credits: 3
Unit 27 – Teaching in a Specialist Area
50 hours Credits: 15
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.