Learners familiarise themselves with typical asbestos containing materials and explore where asbestos can generally be found in buildings so they are aware of where the dangers might be. As well as the law and different asbestos surveys, learners are shown practical ways to keep themselves safe including making sure they know the location of any asbestos, how to avoid creating dust and wearing PPE correctly. Finally, they are told what to do if they accidentally disturb asbestos.
Key Learning Points:
- The properties of asbestos and its effects on health, including the increased risk of lung cancer for asbestos workers who smoke.
- The types, uses and likely occurrence of asbestos and ACMs in buildings & plant.
- The general procedures to be followed to deal with an emergency, for example an uncontrolled release of asbestos dust in the workplace.
- How to avoid the risks from asbestos, for example for building work, no employee should carry out work which disturbs the fabric of a building unless the employer has confirmed that ACMs are not present.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe what asbestos is and the characteristics that make it a useful construction material
- Explain why asbestos is so dangerous to health
- List common types of asbestos containing materials
- List common locations for asbestos
- Outline the legal responsibilities of the duty holder
- Name the asbestos surveys and their purpose
- Follow best practice ways of working to avoid creating dust
- Explain what training is necessary for licensed and unlicensed work with asbestos
- Follow best practice ways of working on site to reduce exposure to harmful materials (PPE)
- Explain what they must do if they disturb asbestos unintentionally
Approximately 20 minutes
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.