PRINCE2® (Projects In Controlled Environments) is a process-based approach for project management providing an easily tailored and scalable method for the management of all types of projects. The method is the de-facto standard for project management in the UK and is practiced worldwide.
PRINCE2® is a non-proprietary method and has emerged worldwide as one of the most widely accepted methods for managing projects. This is largely due to the fact that PRINCE2® is truly generic – it can be applied to any project regardless of project scale, type, organisation, geography or culture.
Because PRINCE2® is generic and based on proven principles, organisations adopting the method as a standard can substantially improve their organisational capability and maturity across multiple areas of business activity – business change, construction, IT, mergers and acquisitions, research, product development and so on.
This PRINCE2® Foundation course will:
- Equip you with the information required to successfully pass the PRINCE2® Foundation exam
- The foundation level confirms you have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the PRINCE2® method to be able to work effectively with, or as a member of a project management team working within an environment supporting PRINCE2®. The foundation level is also a pre-requisite for the practitioner certification.
Certification / Exam
This course provides the background knowledge for the related certification exam (which learners must pass in order to achieve the formal Certification). The cost of the exam is included in the course price.
Following enrolment, the learner details (name, email, organisation) are forwaded to the course publisher to add to their approved candidates list. The learner may subsequently book their exam (see below for details of the booking process).
Why PRINCE2® Foundation?
The PRINCE2® course will provide you with the knowledge and understanding of the scope, content and structure of the PRINCE2® method, to fully prepare you for the PRINCE2® Foundation exam. The Training Bytesize PRINCE2® online training will involve YOU in the learning process, it’s simple and to the point and will get you ready to take your exam in a time and way that suits your style.
Why Purchase this Online Course?
Having specialised in the development of elearning training courses for over 12 years you can be assured of an exceptionally high quality, interactive product. The delivery of the training course is through a truly collaborative online learning platform, ideal for organisations with a global reach. The course is approximately 10 hours long, interactive and uses audio and animation to create an interesting and involved training programme. The Virtual Learning Environment brings together forums, discussions, resources, social media, support videos and much more.
- Re-enforce your knowledge before sitting the final exam by completing the interactive quiz after each session and the mock exam quizzes at the end of the course. This will significantly enhance your understanding of the method.
- The beauty of elearning is you can study in bite size chunks, having the bookmarking system you can just pick up where you left off.
- Take the exam in the comfort of your own home using your webcam anytime, any day – it has never been easier to sit your exam.
Session 1 – Introduction
- Introduction to PRINCE2®
Session 2 – Overview and Principles
- What is a project? Introduction to:
Session 3 – Organisation
- Four levels of management
- Project Management team structure – Project Board
- Project Management team structure – Project
- Assurance Project Management team structure -Project Manager
- Project Management Team
Session 4 – Business Case
- Business justification and development path
- Outputs, Outcomes and Benefits
- Business Case
- Benefits review plan
Session 5 – Plans
- Three Levels of Plan
- Project Plan
- Stage and Team Plans
- PRINCE2® approach to plans
Session 6 – Product Based Planning
- What is product based planning?
- Create a simple PBS
- Create a simple PFD
Session 7 – Quality
- What is quality?
- Quality Control
- Quality Assurance
- Quality Management System and quality planning
- Quality Audit Trail
- Quality Review Technique
Session 8 – Risk
- Risk Management
- Risk Management Procedure
- Risk appetite, tolerance and budget
Session 9 – Progress
- Management Stages
- Technical Stages
- Project Board Controls
Session 10 – Change
- Configuration Management
- Issue and Change Management
Session 11 – Processes SU and IP
- SU-IP overview
- SU – Detail
- IP – Detail
Session 12 – Processes CS and MP
- CS/ MP Introduction
- CS – Monitoring and control
- CS – Issue Management
Session 13 – Processes DP, SB and CP
- Directing a project
- Managing stage boundaries
- Closing a project
Session 14 – Exam Tips
- Exam Objectives
- Exam Paper
- Exception Plans
8 – 10 hours
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
eLearning for your Business
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your business or organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing business eLearning:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.