This Administration of Medication for Looked After Children online course has been accredited the Badge of Excellence by Open Awards. It aims to equip learners with the knowledge and skills to safely administer medication to looked after children and young people (CYP) and have a clear understanding of common side effects and how to manage errors.
This course will;
- Explain the procedures and safe principles of handling medication,
- Explain what needs to be recorded and the MAR chart,
- Describe how to put into practice the ”RIGHTS” of medication administration,
- Identify a range of medications, their purposes, route and administration,
- Enable you to understand medication labels,
- Advise on how to store and dispose of medication safely,
- Inform on how to avoid and manage errors,
- Improve your awareness of some common side effects of medication,
- Describe what to do if a CYP has a severe reaction to medication.
Practitioners in the looked after children’s sector.
30 – 40 minutes
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email email@example.com.
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.