This course is generic and intended for everyone.
Although this course forms part of an induction programme for new starters, it is also intended for all people who want to improve their knowledge and continue their professional development.
This course will enable you to:
• Know what a drug is
• Learn the categories that different substances fall into
• Know what a ‘Legal High’ is
• Know what the law is on possession and supply in relation to drugs
• Understand what addiction is
• Learn why someone would become addicted to drugs
• Understand how drugs misuse can affect families
• Learn the signs that someone has a problem with addiction
• Learn the best treatment for addiction
• Know the best practice when dealing with substance abusers
• Learn about drugs that affect the human body and mind
• Learn about the different ways drugs are taken and how this affects the body
• Learn about tolerance and the risk of overdose
• Learn about substance induced psychosis
This Substance Misuse course contains three modules:
• Substance Awareness
• Addiction, Treatment and Good Practice
• Effect of Drugs on the Body and Mind
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be automatically awarded a certificate containing the course name and completion date.
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.