Thursday, 25 February 2016, 10:30 am – 11:30 am
This webinar will explore the technologies commonly used in the workplace and their implications for employees’ security and safety. We’ll identify how these technologies benefit business, how learner experience and skills can be developed to embrace them, the policies that govern their use and the impact of positive and negative actions on staff, learners and the employer.
The Common Inspection Framework includes the requirement ‘learners have an excellent understanding of how to stay safe online and of the dangers of inappropriate use of mobile technology and social networking sites’. Provider staff need to understand the technology and its application in the workplace to ensure that their learners have ‘an excellent understanding’ of this very important subject.
Social media, collaborative communication tools and mobile devices are being used to increase productivity and connectivity in the workplace and this results in a new level of transparency across a business. The number of employees losing their jobs over a lack of understanding of company policies and their online responsibilities when using this technology is increasing. Employees’ also must be aware of their own personal online safety when in the workplace.
Training providers have a responsibility to their learners and staff to ensure they have a good understanding of their online responsibilities and e-safety to ensure sustained employment and also their responsibilities to their employer when working online.
- Identify common workplace technologies and how they bring efficiencies to a business, including social media and online collaborative tools
- Recognise how to develop the knowledge and experience of learners to embrace technology in the workplace
- Identify inappropriate uses of workplace technology and legal precedence that impacts employment
- Understand about personal e-safety and its impact in the workplace
- Raise awareness of employers’ policies that govern workplace technology usage and how contract of employment implied terms can impact technology usage.
Feedback from Carolyn’s previous webinars:
“I think the information covered in today’s webinar gives us the confidence to get our Social Networking Strategy up and running and introduce digital marketing into our Marketing strategy.”
“Engaging and informative. Couldn’t believe how quickly the 90 minutes went!”
“This was an excellent session.”
- Access to the live webinar and a copy of the webinar recording
- Ability to ask the presenter questions during the Q&A session (or access to a copy of any questions raised during the live webinar if you are not able to attend on the day, or a copy of the questions and answers which were raised that we did not have time to answer on the live webinar)
- A link to view or download a PDF of the presentation slides
For information and booking email email@example.com