This online Working Safely Near water course will ensure that staff and contractors are equipped with the knowledge to be safe around water environments. This course is recognised by the Construction Skills Certificate Scheme (CSCS) and is CPD accredited (3 CPD points).
The course was created jointly by the Land & Water Group (an award-winning civil and environmental engineering company based in the south of England) and the Canal and River Trust. It is intended to help to protect the position of employers with regard to the HSE and is nationally recognised for those who worked on or had reason to visit a site which was close to water.
This online course on working safely by water is suitable for all levels of employees or site visitors who had reason to visit or work on a water related site. The course can also form an essential component in an employee’s induction.
This online training on working near water is divided into five highly interactive online learning modules and a final online assessment:
- Categories of Water – This module introduces the different types of waterways and explains how each is categorised e.g. rivers, canals, lakes and tidal water
- Natural Features – This module explores the different natural hazards that may be present in a water environment e.g. strong currents, unknown depth and unstable edges.
- Man-Made Features – This module looks at the different man-made features that may be present in a water environment and gives the student an awareness of potential risk areas e.g. bridges, locks and towpaths.
- Protecting Yourself – This module looks at the importance of taking personal responsibility for oneself and others when working in any water environment. This section educates students how to assess risk and shows them how to respond to potential hazards in a water environment.
- Protecting the Environment – This module covers the importance of protecting the environment. The UK’s waterways are, for many, areas of beauty and enjoyment and when working in this environment every effort should be taken to preserve both the natural flora and fauna and historic surroundings. This section helps learners develop sensitivity to their working environment and shows how they can maintain and protect it.
- Assessment – A final 20 question assessment at the end of the course tests knowledge and understanding of the content covered. Successful completion of the assessment leads to certification.
2 hours 30 minutes
A CPD Certified Course
This online course has reached the required Continuing Professional Development (CPD) standards and benchmarks, and the learning values have been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality by the CPD Certification Service.
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.