The Internal Audit Training Portal is a stand-alone e-learning resource aimed at less senior internal auditors in all organisations, from all sectors, globally. The Portal is based on a professional and structured approach to ensure this serious topic is properly understood.
Your e-learning course will enable you to:
- Understand the basics of Risk Based Internal Auditing by working through various E-Learning Training Sessions.
- Appreciate the 2017 standards published by the Institute of Internal Auditors by considering the references that appear throughout the Portal.
- Acquire knowledge of selected relevant topics by exploring the wide range of material in your comprehensive Training Portal.
You may spend as much time as you need in line with your personal development plan, as you explore relevant aspects of your comprehensive Portal Resources. A short training needs assessment is included to help you decide how to best use the material.
The Internal Audit Training Portal has been prepared by an experienced training consultant, who has written several books on this, and related topics. The Portal has been designed in Lectora Inspire, which is a professional e-learning authoring tool.
Who should use the portal?
The Internal Audit Training Portal covers a great deal of basic material. It will be useful for:
- Less experienced internal auditors
- Trainee auditors as part of the orientation process
- Newly appointed audit staff and those considering a move to internal audit
- Business and accountancy students who want to know about internal auditing
- Audit staff who have not yet undertaken the Institute of Internal auditor’s professional qualifications
- Managers and other employees who are interested in Governance, Risk, Internal Controls and Compliance as part of their role at work
The Key Features
Your Training Portal has the following features to ensure you get the most from your investment in time and effort:
- Several interactive e-learning sessions
- Detailed Case studies and worked examples
- An audio accompaniment
- Many interactive Exercises and a Simulation
- Dozens of detailed scrollable text boxes containing further information
- Many specially designed Risk Based Auditing models
- Fraud and control awareness training Toolkit
- Information Nuggets covering important new developments
- A Glossary
- Audit investigations Toolkit
- An extensive range of further information pop-ups
- Several practical examples
- Important quotations and references
- Downloadable Handbook and other PDFs guides covering a wide range of auditing topics
- Many tutorial slideshows covering basic audit training topics
- Up-to-date guidance on governance, business risk management and controls
- All material fully cross-referenced to the IIA’s International Professional Practices Framework
- End of course test
Detailed Contents: The E-Learning Sessions
Governance, Risk Management and Controls contains an e-learning session along with several models with explanatory notes covering these important contextual topics. Your e-learning course will enable you to:
- Understand corporate governance and the way this is derived from agency theory
- Appreciate the concept of business risk management and internal control
- Acquire knowledge of the audit role within the context of governance, risk and controls
This area tackles some of the issues facing audit management as they set and implement an audit strategy, particularly relating to audit planning. Your e-learning course will enable you to:
- Understand the professional guidance from the Institute of Internal Auditors
- Appreciate the way assurance and consulting work can be delivered by the auditor
- Acquire knowledge of the way audit strategy can support the audit role
Risk Based Auditing
Risk Based Auditing provides an e-learning session, including an illustration that gives an introduction to this important aspect of professional audit assurance and review work. Your e-learning course will enable you to:
- Understand the risk based audit process and how this can be used to drive audit work
- Appreciate the way risk registers can be used to focus audit efforts to improve and review risk management and controls
- Practice risk based auditing through engaging with a relevant case study
Being able to engage with people is an important interpersonal skill. This e-learning session covers audit Interviews since the best way to find something out, is to simply ask. Your e-learning course will enable you to:
- Understand the basics of audit interviewing
- Be able to prepare and conduct professional interviews
- Appreciate the way body language may affect the quality of an interview
Audit Investigations contains an e-learning session which delivers an investigations’ template for reviewing sensitive issues as part of the audit consulting role. Your e-learning course will enable you to:
- Understand the importance of internal investigations
- Appreciate the need to apply a structured approach
- Be able to conduct a professional investigation
This area covers fraud awareness. You may want to work through this session if you have not had an opportunity to undertake any fraud awareness seminars at work. Your e-learning course will enable you to:
- Obtain an awareness of fraud and the risk this represents
- Be alert to the indicators of fraud
- Understand the basics of Fraud Risk Management to help you fight fraud at work
Detailed Contents: The Training Resources
Pop Up Pages
Pop-Up Pages consist of a selection of pages from your e-learning sessions that you can view. You can use these pages to revise your learning and revisit any items of particular interest.
Your Glossary contains simple notes on some of the topics mentioned in the Portal. Note that this Glossary does not represent authoritative guidance, which is available from the Institute of Internal Auditors.
Your Extras contains a wide range of very detailed scrollable text boxes covering a selection of basic audit training topics.
Your handbook contains highlights of the internal audit role and how it fits with the Governance, Risk and Control Agenda.
Fraud Training for Trainers
Fraud T4T contains a ‘Training for Trainers’ resource that can be used to help you design and deliver basic in-house fraud awareness seminars for your employees.
Your Information Nuggets are different from the basic training material. Each Nugget contains a brief interpretation of a topical issue that may be of interest to trainee auditors.
This part of your Portal gives you a chance to practice what you have learnt and check your progress.
Simulation – The Simulation contains a fabricated audit that you can get involved in, if you need to experience some of the issues that arise when performing audit work.
Crossword – Your Crossword contains a puzzle based loosely on the Crossword concept, which you can complete by checking the various clues and writing down your answers.
Multi choice quizzes – Your Multi-Choice quizzes are broken down into four topics and a True/False page, with 30 questions each. Again, this gives you a chance to check your knowledge of internal auditing and related topics.
FAQs: A Possible Web Site
There are several basic questions about the role and responsibilities of internal auditing that may be explained through a web site set up by internal audit teams. Some of these questions along with a few suggestions on how they may be answered, are noted here for your consideration.
Your Slide Shows
There are twelve slide shows included in your Training Portal for those who enjoy clicking through presentations. The basic training sessions 01 to 12 will give you a gentle introduction to internal auditing and several related topics.
Please note that this course uses Adobe Flash.
Site licences to install this course on your own learning management system (LMS) are available. Please phone 0844 854 9218 for a quote.
The cost of a single user for one year is £100 + VAT. There are multi-seat discounts available for annual licenses as follows:
5 – 9 users: 10%
10 – 49 users: 20%
50 – 99 users: 30%
100 – 999 users: 40%
1,000 and over users: 50%
Discounts are calculated during the checkout process.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.