This safeguarding children for education course is aimed at you if you work in the education sector, regardless of your job role. It’s ideal for receptionists, caretakers, teaching assistants, teachers, support staff and administrators.
On completion of this course, you’ll have a working knowledge of:
- The background, legal basis, key principles and definition for safeguarding, child protection and child abuse
- The importance of serious case reviews and Local Safeguarding Children’s Boards
- The concept of significant harm and what to do if child abuse is suspected
- Who abuses children and learn the definitions of physical abuse, emotional abuse, sexual abuse and neglect
- The causes of abuse and how to recognise signs of abuse from the victim and perpetrator
- The effects of abuse on children
- How to and how not to respond to concern that a child is at risk of harm
- What information to record and what to do if you have concern
- How to respond to a disclosure or allegation of abuse or neglect
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be automatically awarded a certificate containing the course name and completion date.
This in-depth online course combines a collection of five high quality safeguarding courses, offering an attractive cost effective solution. Topics include:
- Background to Safeguarding for Education
- Child Abuse Awareness
- Recognising Abuse and Neglect
- If You Have a Concern – Teachers and Support Staff
- Responding to a Disclosure – What You Should Do
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.