This well thought out, five part course combines practice based scenarios and focused questions with informative videos to help to bring the content to life. The 5-10 minute units cover:
- Child maltreatment
- Affect of parental, family and carer factors: domestic abuse, mental and physical ill-health, substance and alcohol abuse
- Acting on concerns and importance of information sharing
- Online risks
As the knowledge element of standard 11 of the Care Certificate is covered, you will also gain an increased understanding of issues surrounding safeguarding and most importantly, how to deal with suspected abuse.
This level 1 course is aimed at:
- All staff in health care settings
- New members of staff in Healthcare Support Worker roles
- New members of staff in Adult Social Care Worker roles
- Any staff members who provide direct care to patients or individuals needing support
This course will also be useful for:
- Staff moving into new roles within their organisation
- Refreshing the knowledge of any member of staff
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a knowledge of:
- Child maltreatment in its different forms
- The relevance of parental, family and carer factors such as domestic abuse, mental and physical ill-health, substance and alcohol misuse
- What to do if there are concerns about child maltreatment
- The importance of sharing information
- What to do if concerns aren’t taken seriously or you face barriers to referring a child or family
- Risks associated with being online
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be automatically awarded a certificate containing the course name and completion date.
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.