This well thought out, five part course combines practice based scenarios and focused questions with informative videos to help to bring the content to life. The 5-10 minute units cover:
- Child maltreatment
- Affect of parental, family and carer factors: domestic abuse, mental and physical ill-health, substance and alcohol abuse
- Acting on concerns and importance of information sharing
- Online risks
As the knowledge element of standard 11 of the Care Certificate is covered, you will also gain an increased understanding of issues surrounding safeguarding and most importantly, how to deal with suspected abuse.
This level 1 course is aimed at:
- All staff in health care settings
- New members of staff in Healthcare Support Worker roles
- New members of staff in Adult Social Care Worker roles
- Any staff members who provide direct care to patients or individuals needing support
This course will also be useful for:
- Staff moving into new roles within their organisation
- Refreshing the knowledge of any member of staff
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a knowledge of:
- Child maltreatment in its different forms
- The relevance of parental, family and carer factors such as domestic abuse, mental and physical ill-health, substance and alcohol misuse
- What to do if there are concerns about child maltreatment
- The importance of sharing information
- What to do if concerns aren’t taken seriously or you face barriers to referring a child or family
- Risks associated with being online
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be automatically awarded a certificate containing the course name and completion date.
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.