This IIRSM and CPD Accredited Risk Assessment online course helps learners understand each of the key steps of a risk assessment, including how to identify risks, manage hazards and determine the likelihood of harm, so that they are confident in carrying out a risk assessment in their own premises.
The course is divided into 5 easy to follow interactive modules and includes a multiple choice test at the end:
- Introduction to Risk Assessment
What is a risk assessment? Why are risk assessments important? Who should carry out a risk assessment? Common causes of workplace injuries.
- Legal Responsibilities
The Health and Safety at Work Act, the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations, approved codes of practice, employer responsibilities and law enforcement.
- Identifying the Risks
The steps of a risk assessment, identify the hazards, decide who might be harmed and how, evaluate the risks, the likelihood of risk, the severity of harm and the degree of risk.
- Reducing the Likelihood of Harm
Decide on precautions, the hierarchy of control measures, engineering controls, administrative controls, PPE (personal protective equipment) and further help.
- Recording and Reviewing the Results
Record your findings and implement them, download a risk assessment template and review and update.
By the end of this online risk assessment course, learners will;
- Be able to explain the five key steps of risk assessments
- Understand the types of accidents, injuries and ill health that may occur as a result of failing to manage health and safety.
- Be able to describe the difference between near misses and accidents
- Understand the 3 types of risk assessments
- Be able to identify vulnerable groups of people
- Explain the legislation associated with risk assessments
- Feel confident to carry out a suitable and sufficient risk assessment of the workplace
This online course is divided into modules with a short quiz at the end of each to test your knowledge. Once you have progressed through each of the modules you can access the quiz which consists of multiple choice questions based on the material that you have studied. The course also benefits from the following;
- Stop-Start technology meaning you learn at your convenience
- All device compliant meaning you can use laptop-tablet-smartphone at anytime
- Ensures compliance with UK Health and Safety legislation
- Developed by Health & Safety Professionals
- Fully accredited by both IIRSM (International Institute of Risk and Safety Management) and CPD.
30 – 45 minutes
IIRSM Approved Training
The IIRSM (International Institute of Risk and Safety Management) is a risk charity providing practical education, training, advice, resources and networking to help people and organisations manage the challenges they face. IIRSM approved courses are confirmation that the training meets the quality standards expected of IIRSM’s Training Approval Scheme.
A CPD Certified Course
CPD certification means that the course has reached the required Continuing Professional Development (CPD) standards and benchmarks, and the learning values have been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality by the CPD Certification Service. CPD accreditation is recognised and respected internationally. Certification shows a clear commitment to self-development and professionalism.
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.