This payroll course is broken down into twenty three information packed modules which are designed to provide you with all the essential tools and knowledge you need to complete payroll in an effective and orderly fashion at all times.
The course is offered online, which enables you to study at your own pace and in your own time using any device connected to the internet. You can study using your computer at home or your laptop, or you can choose to use your tablet or phone, as long as you have an internet connection.
The payroll course comes with a certification on successful completion, which is not only industry recognised, but it is also verifiable. This enables potential employers to confirm your credentials and hire you with complete confidence.
This course begins with the most important information you need in order to appreciate the importance of payroll systems and how they work. You will learn the importance of keeping good records, adequate staff training and ensuring that your processes are in line with the requirements laid down by HMRC. When employees stop or start working for a company certain payroll procedures must be put into place, and this course explains exactly what you need to do in these situations.
You will learn the difference between gross and net pay, how to take into account various types of deductions, how to calculate national insurance contributions and many other essential procedures required in successful payroll management.
This CPD Certified Payroll Diploma online course contains the following 23 individual modules;
- Payroll Systems and Management
- Learning the Basics about Payroll Systems
- Understanding Payroll Systems in the UK
- How to Run an Efficient Payroll
- Employees Starting and Leaving the Business
- Dealing with HMRC in Relation to New Employees
- How to Calculate Net and Gross Pay
- Net Pay Resulting from Voluntary and Statutory Deductions
- Understanding Statutory Sick Pay
- The National Minimum Wages for Different Types of Work
- Understanding the National Insurance Contributions System (NIC)
- Whem Employees Pay Less National Insurance Contributions (NIC)
- Understanding the PAYE System
- Dealing wih the Onlne PAYE System for Employers
- The Employment Allowance
- Employment Termination Payments
- Understanding the Retirement Scheme
- Working Effectively wit the RTI Computerised Payroll System
- Payroll Computer Software/Programs
- How to Correct Payroll Errors
- Maintaining Employee Records
- Annual Reporting and Other Tasks Connected with Payroll
- A Summary of the Legal Obligations Associated with Payroll Systems
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about Payroll is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
Once you have completed all 23 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 23 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
The pass mark for the test is 70%. You will have two chances to complete the test and pass. In the event you do fail the multiple choice test the first time, you will be given a second opportunity to revisit the modules and then take the test again. Remember, you will have lifetime access to the learning modules for added convenience.
We estimate this course will take around 10 – 15 hours to complete, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
A CPD Certified Course
CPD certification means that the course has reached the required Continuing Professional Development (CPD) standards and benchmarks, and the learning values have been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality by the CPD Certification Service. CPD accreditation is recognised and respected internationally. Certification shows a clear commitment to self-development and professionalism.
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.