This course aims to provide learners with the knowledge required to support the use of medication in health and social care settings. It provides information on the different types, classifications and forms of medication, as well as providing guidance on safe storage and disposal.
On completion, learners will have an increased understanding of the importance of accurate recording and reporting when administering medication.
On completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Describe relevant legislation
- Recognise the different types of medication
- Define roles and responsibilities
- Describe relevant techniques for administering medication
- List considerations when receiving, storing and disposing of medication
- Identify the rights of an individual
- Describe suitable recording and reporting techniques relevant to medication administration
Areas covered include:
- Welcome and Learning Objectives
- The Legislative Framework for the Use of Medication in a Social Care Setting
- Common Types of Medication and Their Use
- Roles and Responsibilities in the Use of Medication in a Social Care Setting
- Techniques for Administering Medication
- Receive, Store and Dispose of Medication Safely
- Promote the Rights of the Individual when Managing Medication
The content of this course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines. It contributes 2 – 3 hours towards your CPD.
On completion of this course you will be able to download a certificate of completion.
Approximately 2 – 3 hours. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like, and there is no limit on how long you can take to do the course.
This module is targeted primarily at those working within the health and social care sector who are involved in the administration of medication.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
I liked that it was easy to follow and that I could do it in my own home and that I could follow the modules at my own pace. It was a good course to follow .I really enjoyed doing this. SH
I did like listening as well as reading, this gave me good focus when taking in the information given. AS
Bright, clear graphics, and the opportunity to answer questions to clarify understanding on each module. SL
10 to 49 users – 10% discount
50 to 99 users – 20% discount
100 to 249 users – 33% discount
250 to 499 users – 50% discount
500 to 999 users – 60% discount
1000 to 1999 users – 75% discount
2000+ users – 80% discount
To find out about discounts on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
Discounts are calculated during the checkout process.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email email@example.com.