This course contains the following 13 modules on the following:
Brand and Reputation: This topic looks at the fundamental importance of brand and reputation, questioning the learner on their own perceptions of branding and what a successful brand should offer. The learner should understand the importance of successful branding, how this builds a reputation, and how to create a good corporate reputation for their organisation. Challenging The Status Quo: This topic discusses the value of challenging accepted thinking and exercising creativity and intuition in decision making. It explores the need for different mixes in effective decision making: a mix of ancestral and adventurous thinking, of logic and creativity, of analysis and intuition.
Difficult Decisions: This topic uses a self-reflection exercise to explore how learners make decisions, looks at why decisions might be difficult and helps them to tackle tough decisions. Exploring The Options: This topic shows how to explore the options that create a team culture conducive to effective decision-making. The course lets the learner explore what the ‘blue’, ‘red’ and ‘green’ thinkers in their team can give their decision making. It prompts them to reflect on their own thinking style and what barriers this creates. It explores how to strike the right balance between innovation and risk management and the value of empowerment.
Gaining Buy-In: This topic looks at how leadership often involves helping people deal with uncertainty. It also offers some guidance on different approaches for learners in giving their team confidence in the future.
Leading Others Through Change: This course addresses the challenges of leading change. How the style the learner adopts and the way they communicate influences their effectiveness. How taking account of feelings and emotions is crucial, and why empowerment is important in implementing change.
Make The Change: This topic looks at how learners manage through change. After completing it the learner should be aware of the benefits of change and how to communicate and encourage acceptance of change at work and in their team.
Organisational Culture: This topic explains what ‘organisational culture’ is and offers guidance on how to encourage awareness of your organisation’s culture. The learner is asked to think of how best to describe their specific organisation’s culture, and how their successful leadership will contribute to ‘a system of shared values and beliefs that establishes an organisational way of life’.
Seeing Change Through: No change programme ever ran smoothly. This topic explores some of the common hitches and ‘roadblocks’ that the learner will inevitably face. It suggests practical ways of overcoming these problems.
Strategy and Business Environment: This module outlines why strategy matters in an ever-changing business environment and how leadership is vital to the success of that strategy. The learner should be able to identify their organisation’s strategic aims and name some benefits of strategic awareness.
Taking Action: This course lets the learner explore the different stakeholders they should involve in their decisions. It explores a range of sense-checking tools, as well as effective ways to implement decisions and monitor any teething troubles.
The Personal Change Journey: This course looks at the common reactions to change, as expressed in the change curve – shock & denial, blame & self-doubt, letting go and problem solving & integration. It explores how best to deal with each phase of the curve.
Thriving In Change: This course explores the way change is not simply a fact of business, but a fact of life. It looks at how a business must embrace change if it is to thrive, and outlines the common qualities of leaders of change.
Brand and Reputation:
- Understand what a brand is and the perceptions associated with brands
- Understand the importance of a positive attitude towards your brand
- Be able to identify, assess and manage any risks to your brand
- Know your responsibility to your brand
- Understand the risks and gains associated with rebranding
Challenging The Status Quo:
- Understand how effective decision making adds value to business
- Identify and challenge the ancestral or inherited modes of decision making in yourself and your organisation
- Learn to think ‘out of the box’
- Understand how to make effective decisions
- Understand how to uses grid analysis
- Use PMI
- Become more confident in weighing up risks and priorities
- Be able to make decisions and explain what lead you to that decision
Exploring The Options:
- Understand various thinking patterns
- Learn to overcome decision making biases
- Be able to separate self-interest from decision making
- Start to create a balance between team empowerment and risk management
- Understand the differences between reactive and proactive decision making
- Start to empower your team to go with decisions
- Will feel more confident to deal with uncertainty and gain buy-in
- Realise that everyone has different reactions to uncertainty
- Know what you want to achieve
- Understand why you should listen to the concerns of others
Leading Others Through Change:
- Learn to lead by example
- Understand how being honest and open will help others through change
- Understand Kotter’s eight step approach to successful change
- Know how to use good communication
Make The Change:
- Know how important your role is
- Be able to help your team to understand any changes that will occur
- Will be able to acknowledge individual issues and fears
- Start to involve and empower your team
- Identify ways to reduce restraining forces
- Identify ways to increase driving forces
- Become familiar with Mckinsey’s 7S’s
- Be able to define your organisations culture
- Develop an understanding of the climate within your team
- Understand your company’s values
Seeing Change Through:
- Know the six secrets of success
- Define goals
- Ignore negativity
- Compose an action plan
- Separate personal from professional
Strategy and Business Environment:
- Have an understanding of business environments
- Have an understanding of the financial markets
- Know what market your business operates in
- Be able to set goals that support the strategy of your business
- Understand the GROW guide
- Know how and where to seek advice
- Understand the benefits of involving others in your decision making process
- Know how to use a selection criteria table
- Understand the BSF approach to decision making
- Be able to prepare documentation ready for the final decision
- Know what to do after you have made your decision
The Personal Change Journey:
- Be able to take responsibility for your own emotions
- Accept other people’s emotions
- Stop trying to control everything
- Accept and enjoy change
- Understand the stages of change
- Become proactive and get involved in your change journey
Thriving In Change:
- Understand the need for change
- Know what makes a good change leader
- Understand the five forces of change
- Understand the theories of chaos and complexity
- Know what good change is
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.