Who is this Course for:
This course is ideal for anyone who wants to learn how to touch-type or improve their keyboard skills.
No prior knowledge or experience is needed and there are no formal entry requirements, however some basic computer skills are required.
When you have completed this course, you will be able to:
- identify the location and finger layout for the A-Z keys
- touch-type words, numbers and punctuation keys accurately
- use the keyboard without looking at it
- apply your typing skills to your work.
The easy to follow, step-by-step format of this course allows you to be in control at all times so you can work through the course at your own pace. The course includes several task-based exercises that provide immediate feedback to reinforce your learning.
A Speedbuilder tool allows you to practice the skills you have learned and improve your typing speed and accuracy.
The course will take approximately 3 hours to complete and is available for six months from the date first accessed.
1. Flying Start – How to use the course
2. The Basics – Learn to touch-type in 90 minutes
3. Just Do It – Exercise and apply your new touch-typing skill
4. And The Rest – Learn Shift, numbers, and punctuation key
5. Speedbuilder – Daily practice to build speed and accuracy