The safety of employees and the public are fundamental responsibilities for everyone. The implications of poor safety management can be devastating to an organisation. This is a must do online course for anyone responsible for the safety of others. Should accidents occur, prosecution can result in jail or personal fines for supervising managers and directors.
More than 12 million working days are reported as lost in the UK associated with back related injuries each year. A further 8,000 people are seriously injured or killed each year as a result of a fall from height. This Health and Safety online course is designed to teach safe working practices and to provide an understanding of the importance of maintaining health and safety standards within the workplace. The Health and Safety Executive also reported that more than 10,000 injuries are reported each year relating to someone slipping, tripping or falling. This course examines causes of injury and means to prevent such accidents.
- Understanding health and safety
- Manual handling
- Slips and trips
- Accidents and Reporting (Riddor)
- The four principle factors of safety management
- An introduction to the four factors that impact safety.
- The difference between hazards and risk.
- Why health and safety is important.
- What a safety assessment consists of and how to carry out an assessment.
- ERIC the risk reduction model.
- The importance of safety signs.
- Protection of young employed people in the workplace.
- Introduction to the laws that govern health and safety and your responsibilities.
- Accountability for health and safety in organisations.
- The manual handling risk assessment process.
- One person and two person safe lifting techniques.
- Lifting from a bench.
- The maximum weights to be lifted by women and men.
- Safe carrying techniques.
- Safe pulling and pushing techniques.
- The potential hazards and risks that might cause a fall.
- The precautions to be taken when reaching for items stored at height.
- Use of appropriate equipment.
- Turning mattresses.
- How to identify the potential hazards and risks that might lead to a slip, trip or fall.
- Understand the economic impact of injuries caused by slipping or tripping.
- Be aware of the need for safety footwear.
- Spills, Obstructions and Surface Conditions.
- Preventing workplace slips and trips hazards.
- The Increased risk due to weather.
- Precautions to reduce the hazards due to weather.
- The use of grit.
- The factors that contribute to the cause of accidents.
- The purpose and requirements of RIDDOR.
- The relationship between near misses and accidents.
- The definition of major incidents.
- Roles and responsibilities.
- The importance of keeping records.
- The importance of investigating accidents.
There is an online assessment for this course which requires a 90% pass rate to obtain a certificate of achievement, which can be downloaded.
Who Should Complete this Course?
- All employees
- Policy makers
Certified by TQA Ltd
This course is certified by TQA Ltd. TQA is an independent training quality assurance company that assesses the quality of content and its compliance to the standard that governs the topic. TQA requires that ever learner completes an assessment to confirm that the learner’s knowledge of the subject meets the criteria for competence.
10% discount for between 10 and 24 users purchased, 20% for between 25 and 49 users. For discounts on purchases of larger numbers please phone 0844 854 9218.
Discounts are calculated during the checkout process
eLearning For Your Business
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your business or organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing business eLearning:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.