Often it may seem that there isn’t enough time to do everything that you need to. This can lead to a build-up of stress. It’s important for managers of people to develop effective strategies for managing time in order to balance the conflicting demands of professional and personal life and focus on tasks and activities that are important.
This course looks at the effective use of time, how to prioritise work and allocate the right amount to activities.
- The benefits of time management.
- The difference between Efficient vs. Effective time management.
- How to use time efficiently.
- How to priorities tasks Urgent vs. Important.
- The personal behaviour to be adopted to manage time better.
- Workflow and task management.
- The importance of understanding transition points.
- How to use time effectively.
- How to change your routine to be more effective.
- How to manage emails.
- How to plan the use of time.
- How to organise email (Reference vs. Action)
- The importance of dedicating time to email processing
- The four D’s decision model.
There is an online assessment for this course which requires a 90% pass rate to obtain a certificate of achievement, which can be downloaded.
This course is certified by TQA Ltd. TQA is an independent training quality assurance company that assesses the quality of content and its compliance to the standard that governs the topic. TQA requires that ever learner completes an assessment to confirm that the learner’s knowledge of the subject meets the criteria for competence.
This online course is mobile responsive on an iPad and Kindle.
10% discount for between 10 and 24 users purchased, 20% for between 25 and 49 users. For discounts on purchases of larger numbers please phone 0844 854 9218.
Discounts are calculated during the checkout process.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email email@example.com.