As a manager, time is at a premium and making the most of the time we have is crucial to our performance. This means focusing on high-value tasks whilst making sure other tasks are successfully completed by others. Delegation is a skill that ensures you achieve desired goals by giving other people everything they need to make it happen.
Delegation isn’t about getting rid of tasks you’d rather not do. It’s actually empowering to others because it provides them with a development opportunity and the support required to succeed. It’s about identifying tasks that are suitable for delegation and the right people for them.
Done well, delegation benefits you and those you work with. A high-performing team exists where members request new opportunities to develop and take on new challenges. In this online course we explore the types of tasks that are ideal for delegation, how to choose suitable candidates, guidance on effective delegations and best practice for providing feedback.
During this online course on Effective Delegation the following topics will be covered;
- the benefits of delegatin to you and your staff
- what tasks are suitable for delegation
- suitable candidates to delegate to
- different approaches to delegation
- an overview of the four elements of successful delegation
- how to set SMART objectives
- how delegated tasks should be managed
- feedback in a specific and constructive way
- good and bad practice in providing performance feedback
- how to delegate effectively to others either as a manager or as a colleague
Although delegation is an important management skill it’s not just valuable for managers. Anyone aspiring to be a manager or working collaboratively with others will gain valuable skills to succeed.
This course will take approximately 30 minutes.
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.