CompTIA A+ certification validates foundation-level knowledge and skills necessary for a career in IT support. It is the starting point for an exciting career in IT. The international, vendor-neutral certification proves competence in areas such as installation, preventative maintenance, networking, security and troubleshooting.
The CompTIA A+ Core Series covers expanded content on growing parts of the IT support role including an expansion of baseline security topics and a different approach to defining competency in operational procedures.
CompTIA A+ 220-1001 covers mobile devices, networking technology, hardware, virtualization and cloud computing, and network troubleshooting.
CompTIA A+ 220-1002 covers installing and configuring operating systems, expanded security, software troubleshooting and operational procedures.
Course modules include;
CompTIA A+ 220-1001 (Core 1)
Module 1 – Mobile Devices
Module 2 – Networking
Module 3 – Hardware
Module 4 – Virtualization and Cloud Computing
Module 5 – Hardware and Network Troubleshooting
CompTIA A+ 220-1002 (Core 2)
Module 1 – Operating Systems
Module 2 – Security
Module 3 – Software Troubleshooting
Module 4 – Operational Procedures
Adding these qualifications to your CV will greatly broaden your career prospects and significantly improve your earning potential with current or future employers.
Many students prefer online study to conventional classroom-based learning as it provides them with the freedom to learn at their own pace, and in an environment in which they are comfortable.
Online study material can also be viewed and revised as many times as the student needs, which contributes to long-term memory retention. These factors, in addition to the fact that online training courses are often more cost-effective than the on-site alternative, make online study an appealing option to students today.
To earn your official A+ certification from CompTIA, you will need to study the training courses and achieve a passing mark for both compulsory exams. These two exams include the 220-1001 exam which should be completed first before starting the 220-1002 exam.
- CompTIA A+ 220-1001 – This exam covers mobile devices, networking technology, hardware, virtualization and cloud computing and network troubleshooting.
- CompTIA A+ 220-1002 – The second exam covers installing and configuring operating systems, expanded security, software troubleshooting and operational procedures.
To prepare you for your exam, we provide interactive quizzes after each module and a mock exam at the end of your course to ensure you’re fully prepared for the real thing. Once you’ve passed with at least 85%, you’ll be ready to book your exam as a private candidate. To make life easier, we can help you find an appropriate exam centre and give you all the information you need to secure your place.
Please note that the CompTIA exam fees are not included in the course price. To find the latest exam prices, click here.
Once you’re fully prepared and ready to sit your exam, all you’ll have to do is purchase your exam voucher and schedule your exam at a test centre near you. You can use the Pearson Vue Test Locator to find test centre locations near you.
Why should I get certified?
The CompTIA A+ validates skills employers need from entry-level technicians and often provides entry-level employment opportunities for aspiring IT practitioners without work-related experience. Once certified, you’ll qualify for jobs such as IT support and Technical support specialist, earning up to £25k a year.
Adding the CompTIA A+ qualification to your CV will greatly broaden your career prospects and significantly improve your earning potential with current or future employers.
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email email@example.com.
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.