This industry recognised certification includes twenty six information packed modules that you can learn at your own pace in your own space. This online training takes approximately ten hours to complete with online support that you can rely on and trust.
The British Cleaning Certification Award (BCCA) covers the essential things you need to know to boost your career within the British cleaning industry. It provides you with the ability to improve your earning potential.
On completion of the course you will be required to pass a multiple choice test, which covers all the modules you have just completed. On passing, with a pass rate of seventy percent, you will have the ability to download and print your certificate and start using it to improve your cleaning career without delay.
The twenty six modules are overflowing with valuable information that you can use in your cleaning career, this includes:
- Understand the cleaning industry from career prospects to starting your own cleaning business.
- Know the different types of cleaning jobs from domestic cleaning to commercial and industrial cleaning. Identify whether it is worthwhile to work for someone or own your own cleaning business.
- Get to grips with essential cleaning equipment. Know what equipment you will need and how to use it. Also learn how to effectively store cleaning equipment.
- Learn about chemical safety, including the chemicals you will use on a daily basis. Know the difference between acidic, alkaline and neutral chemicals and what they are used for.
- Understand the job in detail. This includes working hours, average earnings and working conditions.
- Learn essential cleaning techniques and expected standards. This includes dusting surfaces, cleaning glass and mirrors, how to clean speciality surfaces and what standards you need to maintain.
- Know about cleaning products and protective clothing, helping you identify what you should wear to protect your clothes, speciality cleaning products and clothing branding to boost brand visibility.
- Understand the importance of effective kitchen cleaning. Learn about food safety, how to effectively clean a cooker and a refrigerator and so much more.
- Identify how to complete commercial kitchen cleaning to the highest standard.
- Know the best routine to clean a bathroom and toilet area. Learn about the best routines and why you should have colour coded cloths.
- Understand hospital cleaning from areas you may need to clean to health and safety requirements.
- Learn how office cleaning differs from residential cleaning and identify various techniques to effectively clean staff toilets.
- Know what equipment you will need for industrial cleaning, along with the difference between wet and dry industrial vacuum cleaners and how to keep safe when cleaning these environments.
- Identify with green cleaning solutions from homemade cleaning products to steam cleaning and more.
- Know the reporting procedures. Reporting procedures include regulation reporting, injury and disease reporting and get to know what an accident book is.
- Know what it takes to clean outdoor areas. You will learn about planning, preparation, safety and legal requirements.
- Learn how to deal with non-categorised waste. You will get to know the different types of waste and how to manage the transfer flow of waste to ensure cleanliness at all times.
- Get to know more about working in confined spaces and why and how to conduct a thorough risk assessment before you begin to ensure your safety.
- Learn more about running an ironing service and what this entails.
- Receive valuable information on starting your own cleaning business from what you will need, the benefits and disadvantages and more to help you decide if this is the best choice for you and how to proceed.
- Learn more about marketing your business, what insurances you will need, tax and more.
Module 1: Why Become a Cleaner
Module 2: The Different Types of Cleaning Jobs
Module 3: Cleaning Equipment
Module 4: Chemical Safety and Competence
Module 5: About The Job
Module 6: Meeting Clients and Your Behaviour in Clients’ Homes/Workplaces
Module 7: Keyholding and Alarm Codes for Cleaners
Module 8: House Cleaning
Module 9 : Cleaning Products & Clothing
Module 10 : Food Kitchen Cleaning
Module 11 : Commercial Kitchen Cleaning
Module 12 : Bathrooms & Toilets
Module 13 : Hospital/Medical Practice Cleaning
Module 14 : Office Cleaning
Module 15: Industrial Cleaning Equipment
Module 16: Green & Steam Cleaning
Module 17: Pressure Washing & Machine Sweeping
Module 18: Reporting Procedures
Module 19 : Cleaning External Surfaces & Areas
Module 20 : Dealing with Non-Routine Waste
Module 21 : Running an Ironing Service
Module 22 : Starting Your Own Cleaning Business
Module 23 : Marketing a Cleaning Business
Module 24 : Taking on Staff
Module 25 : Communication Skills and Dealing with Customer Complaints
Module 26 : Business Insurance, Equipment & Tax
A CPD Certified Course
CPD certification means that the course has reached the required Continuing Professional Development (CPD) standards and benchmarks, and the learning values have been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality by the CPD Certification Service. CPD accreditation is recognised and respected internationally. Certification shows a clear commitment to self-development and professionalism.
Once you have completed all 26 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 26 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing. The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
The course takes approximately 10 hours to complete, however this will vary from student to student.
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
‘Easy access to online training, completed my course in a few days, would definitely recommend’
‘Extremely easy to use the website, very speedy and friendly team, great course, will definitely use again for my future business’
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.