During this CPD Certified Autism Awareness online course the following topics will be covered;
- understanding the autism spectrum
- understanding the causes, symptoms and diagnosis
- understand the autism triad of impairments
- understand how best to plan and provide support with individuals with autism
- understand the legal duties, responsibilities and legislation that governs the fair treatment of people with autism
- understand the different communication approaches within the autism spectrum conditions
The likelihood of working with someone with autism has increased in recent years. This online course will examine what autism is, looking at how it is a spectrum condition and what this actually means, as well as considering a brief history of autism and how our understanding of the condition has developed.
It will explore the genetic, environmental and physiological causes of autism, as well as identifying possible signs and symptons of autism, including the Triad of Impairments, and the diagnostic process involved.
It will consider how professionals can effectively support people with autism and help improve the outcomes for people on the autistic spectrum, and outline the legislative framework which plays a factor in the lives of some people with autism.
2 hours and 55 minutes
Those working in health and social care whose role involves supporting individuals who have autism.
A CPD Certified Course
This online course has reached the required Continuing Professional Development (CPD) standards and benchmarks, and the learning values have been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality by the CPD Certification Service.
CPD helps individuals to focus on how they can become a more effective professional. It enables them to adapt positively to changes in work/industry requirements. CPD shows a clear commitment to self-development and professionalism.
This online course contains the following content functionality to help the learner become immersed and to reinforce their learning:
- Drag and drop words – to complete sentences.
- Drag and drop reordering – reorder the following steps according to said policy.
- An assorted array of “custom pages” i.e. scene exploration and “gamified” scenarios.
In addition to this the side panel of the course contains information that is always at hand for the user:
- A help menu
- Notes – this is where the user can make notes during the course and can then download them
- Legal information
- A glossary
- Specific course information
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.