KAZ’s proven Accelerated Learning teaching method will teach touch typing the A-Z keys in an average of just 90 minutes and the whole keyboard in just 4 hours, plus practice time.
Who is this Course and Qualification for?
The course and qualification’s inclusive features make it accessible to mainstream, neuro-divergent, hearing and visually impaired learners. It is ideal for anyone wanting to learn how to touch type, correct bad habits, improve their typing skill and gain a national qualification that add to their education record.
The course opens with a specialised preference screen that addresses visual disturbances for users who need it. It also includes a VI option for the visually impaired and a ‘Text Only’ option for the hearing impaired.
The course’s proven Accelerated Learning teaching method and its easy-to-follow, step-by-step format allows the candidate to work through the six modules efficiently, systematically and at their own pace. It includes several task-based exercises that provide immediate feedback to reinforce learning.
The Speedbuilder tool allows the candidate to practice the skills they have learned and improve their typing speed and accuracy, whilst the final progress test records their WPM and accuracy.
- Flying Start – How to use the course
- The Basics – Learn to touch-type the A-Z keys in 90 minutes
- Just Do It – Exercise and apply your new touch-typing skill
- And The Rest – Learn Shift, numbers, and punctuation key
- Speedbuilder – Daily practice to build speed and accuracy
- Ofqual Assessment – Sit the theory paper and typing test
- Know how to sit with correct posture whilst typing to prevent Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI)
- Know the meaning, signs, symptoms and preventative measures of Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI)
- Know the home row keys
- Know how to locate the home row keys and use them to navigate to other keys
- Know how to touch type the A-Z keys
- Know how to touch type the punctuation and number keys
- Be able to touch type quickly and accurately (level 1: 25WPM and level 2: 35WPM with 85% accuracy)
- Achieve a national qualification in touch typing skills
No prior knowledge or experience is needed, and there are no formal entry requirements.
Course assessment and certification
The assessment at level 1 and 2 comprises of a theory paper and a typing test. Revision notes are available in the course’s admin panel.
(3 attempts available with a 2-week break in-between for revision.)
Theory Paper – Duration 35 minutes – Pass – 50%
Typing Test – Duration 3 minutes – Pass – 25 WPM – Accuracy 85%
Theory Paper – Duration 55 minutes – Pass – 50%
Typing Test – Duration 3 minutes – Pass – 35 WPM – Accuracy 85%
All successful learners receive an Open Awards/Ofqual digital certificate and have the qualification added to their education record.
(Hard copy certificates are available at £25.00 + p&p.)