By the end of this CPD Approved Legionella Awareness course you will know:
- The definitions of legionella, legionellosis and legionnaire’s disease
- How Legionella spreads and infects humans
- How to identify where Legionella can grow and become a hazard
- What is required when carrying out a risk assessment
- How to respond to, eliminate and put in control measures to reduce risks
This engaging and interactive online course on legionella awareness for employees will;
- Explain employees’ roles and responsibilities in relation to the prevention and control of Legionella
- Explain employers’ responsibilities in relation to the prevention and control of Legionella.
- Outline current legislation and regulatory body standards which are relevant to the prevention and control of legionella
- Outline key facts about Legionella: e.g.: where it’s found, how it becomes harmful, who is at risk
- Describe key facts of Legionnarie’s disease: e.g.: symptoms, incubation, mortality rate
- Explain the potential impact of an outbreak of Legionella on the individual and the organisation
- Identify and describe the environmental factors that contribute to the growth of Legionella
- Explain what can be done to eliminate or reduce the risks of Legionella growth and infection
- Understand the importance of record-keeping
- Explain what to do in the event of an outbreak of Legionnaire’s disease
- Describe how to keep and treat water
People who work where there is a water system including spas, air conditioning and cooling towers that could be susceptible to Legionella
A RoSPA Approved Course
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA), an Ofqual regulated awarding organisation, vet and approve health and safety training courses, giving learners increased confidence. The RoSPA stamp of approval gives organisations the confidence that a training course has been rigorously assessed and meets the RoSPA approved standards.
A CPD Certified Course
CPD certification means that the course has reached the required Continuing Professional Development (CPD) standards and benchmarks, and the learning values have been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality by the CPD Certification Service. CPD accreditation is recognised and respected internationally. Certification shows a clear commitment to self-development and professionalism.
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email email@example.com.
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.