The course aims to help anyone who works with children or has regular contact with children to recognise and respond to situations where abuse linked to ‘honour-based’ violence and forced marriage has occurred or may occur.
For example, those who work in schools, healthcare, social care, faith organisations, community groups or the police.
In the course you will:
• Understand what is meant by ‘honour’
• Understand what it means to communities
• Understand where it comes from
• Know how big the problem is
• Know what is forced marriage, ‘honour-based’ violence and ‘honour’ killings
• Know how big a problem it is in the UK
• Know who is most at risk
• Understand what the family’s motives are
• Know what the aggravating factors are
• Understand what the impact on the victim is
• Learn about the barriers to change
• Know the law in relation to ‘honour-based’ crimes
• Learn about the indicators
• Know when victims are most at risk
The course is split into five modules:
• Understanding the Community
• What is ‘Honour-based’ Violence and Forced Marriage?
• The Victims and the Perpetrators
• Barriers to Change
• Challenges for the Professional
Upon successful completion of this course you will be automatically awarded a certificate containing the course name and completion date.
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected]