- The Display Screen Equipment Course considers the often-neglected areas of Health and Safety with regards to display screen equipment.
- The course will look at the Health and Safety Regulations of 1992 in relation to DSE, and the legislative amendments made in 2002.
- The course covers the common terms and causes of ill health and the potential financial costs for both the employer and employee from this.
- You will learn how to set up a workstation efficiently, and how a simple amendment can reduce the risk of symptoms such as neck and backache, repetitive strain injury (RSI), fatigue and eye strain; these are issues most commonly associated with display screen equipment.
- You will learn how to use the display screen equipment safely both through an adjustment of a desk and chair positioning.
By the end of this module you will be able to identify:
- Identify the regulations relating to the use of Display Screen Equipment (DSE)
- Identify the possible health risks associated with using DSE and describe the importance of assessing and controlling those risks
- Identify how to set up and adjust your workstation equipment to the optimum layout
- Identify the importance of distributing tasks during the working day to allow time away from the screen and state your entitlement to eye and eyesight testing