This online course provides learners with an awareness of key issues regarding drug and alcohol misuse it is very practical and immediately useful. As the learner progresses, they will be met with realistic scenarios concerning colleagues and will need to decide the best approach to take.
The course will provide learners affected by alcohol or drug misuse a starting point for getting to grips with their own situation or help them be well-placed to support others.
This online course on Drugs and Alcohol Misuse will cover the following topics;
- What is alcohol misuse?
- What is an alcohol unit?
- Low risk drinking guidelines
- The consequences of alcohol misuse
- Alcohol and pregnancy
- The benefits of drinking less alcohol
- What is a drug and what do we mean by ‘drug misuse’?
- Why are drugs addictive?
- The different categories and classifications of drugs
- The consequences of drug misuse
- Penalties and the law
Alcohol and drugs in the workplace
- The effects of alcohol and drug misuse on others
- Scenarios where learners deal with potential alcohol/drug misuse in the workplace
- What are the signs of misuse?
Prevention and drug prevention
- Primary/secondary/tertiary prevention
- Alcohol and drug support
- Where to get help
- Post course quiz based upon everything covered
This course is suitable for both Managers and Employees.
This online course will take approximately 50 minutes.
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.