On completion of this course you will:
- understand how a kitchen is structured, the different roles and responsibilities and the importance of working in a team.
- have learned about the different type of knifes and how to handle them safely
- become familiar with the different cuts of meat, poultry, herbs and spices
- understand the importance of following good safe working practises
- The course will enable employers to demonstrate that appropriate training has been conducted, and will provide a valuable support for employment opportunities in this area of work.
The course covers the following modules:
Knowing Your Kitchen
Knowing your kitchen
Roles and responsibilities Working together
Large kitchen equipment
Small kitchen equipment
Safe use of equipment
Keeping your kitchen clean
Handling and Maintaining Knives
Handling and maintaining knives
9 golden rules when handling knives
Different types of knives
Secure your chopping board
How to use a knife
Food knowledge Meat
Different cuts of meat Poultry
Fish and shellfish
Types of fish
Herbs and spices
Preparing allergy free dishes your menu
Creating a recipe
Good personal hygiene
How to wash hands
This course has been endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality [IOH], the Scottish Qualifications Authority [SQA] and Quality Marked by the Hospitality Guild.
The certificate can be downloaded from within the course once the learning has been complete
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 85 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected]