This course is for anybody who wants to learn how to design and build or maintain websites for business in this popular free package. Suitable for entrepreneurs as well as office managers, VAs, PAs or EAs.
The WordPress online course offers a complete package in one place and is written for business people in easy-to-understand plain English. This doesn’t mean you miss out on the things that you need to know but it does mean that you are more likely to understand what is being talked about.
The course covers everything you need to create a website including information about the choice of colours and images, the layout of the website, choosing a template, using plugins and creating static pages. You will receive access to a development area to create a training website.
Note: if you wish to make it live you will need to purchase a domain name and hosting (not included).
You will learn how to create a WordPress website with a blog. You will find about designing a user-friendly website (colours, images, accessibility). You will install a template, include plugins, create static pages, include images, use widgets and implement keywords for SEO. You will also create blog posts, include Google Analytics in the website and you will receive an introduction to using Google Analytics to measure the success of your site.
Awarded 15 CPD points. On completion of a practical assignment, a CPD certification will be awarded.
Content is broken down into manageable learning objects:
Learning Object 1 – Website Design Steps
- What is WordPress and why use it?
- Understanding WordPress terminology
- Mobile Websites
- Web hosting
- Page layout and navigation
- Using Images
Learning Object 2 – Getting Started with WordPress
- Examples of theme use
- Selecting, installing and customising a theme
- Creating a static homepage
Learning Object 3 – Blogging
- Creating blog posts
- Using categories and tags
- Creating a comments policy
- Managing blog comments
- Marketing your blog
- Blogging tactics
Learning Object 4 – Website Analytics
- Implementing SEO using YOAST Plugin
- Registering your site with search engines
- Introduction to Google Analytics
- Google Analytics reports
- Best Practice creating and maintaining websites
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.