In this online course you will learn all about where and how to taste, what the ideal wine glass looks like, how to use your eyes, nose and palate to judge a wine and finally how to write a tasting note.
Don’t get left behind when it comes to wine
How much do you really know about this historical and increasingly popular drink?
- Is a lack of knowledge holding you back from getting the most from your wine experiences?
- Do you panic when handed a wine list in a restaurant?
- Do you always reach for the bottle with the nice looking label in the store?
- Do you worry about what your partner, friends or colleagues think of your wine choices?
- Do you want to venture beyond the “safe” wines that you already know, but don’t know where to start?
Learn from a true wine expert
Jancis Robinson, wine columnist for the Financial Times, provides advice for the wine cellar of The Queen and was the first person outside the wine trade to become a Master of Wine.
She edits the Oxford Companion to Wine, widely considered to be the most comprehensive wine encyclopaedia in the world and co-authors The World Atlas of Wine, a classic of the wine world. Her book Wine Grapes was the first-ever winner of all six major wine book awards on both sides of the Atlantic.
An essential life skill
The US now drinks more wine than France. In the UK wine has overtaken beer as the nation’s favourite drink. Asia is witnessing a revolution in wine as China and India’s growing middle class sip more of what was once considered an elite European drink.
Wine is now becoming the drink of choice for much of the world so understanding wine is quickly becoming an essential life skill for success in business or social situations.
The Wondeful World of wine and it’s journey from grape to glass
In this module you’ll learn all about what wine is, where wine comes from, how wine is made and the art of reading a wine label.
How to taste wine like a professional and have a sensational sensory experience
In this module you’ll learn all about where and how to taste, what the ideal wine glass looks like, how to use your eyes, nose and palate to judge a wine and finally how to write a tasting note.
1 hour and 45 minutes
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email email@example.com.
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.