UNITY 5 NEW FEATURES
NavMesh supports LoadLevelAdditive
Improved performance and reduced memory consumption:
- NavMeshObstacles update is multi-threaded now. Carving speed generally improved 2-4x.
- NavMesh data for non-carved regions takes ~2x less memory now.
- Performance improvements for multi-threaded NavMeshAgent updates.
- HeightMeshes bake faster, work faster at runtime, and use ~35% less memory.
- Path replanning in presence of many carving obstacles is faster and more accurate.
Improved inspectors and debug visualizations:NavMesh Areas inspector (previously NavMesh Layers) got a facelift.
- Reorganized parameters NavMeshAgent inspector.
- Added carve hull debug visualisation for NavMeshObstacles.
- Added visualisation on how NavMesh bake settings relate to each other.
Improved accuracy and raised limits:
- NavMeshObstacle supports two basic shapes – cylinder and box for both carving and avoidance.
- Improved automatic Off-Mesh Link collision detection accuracy. Note that this will change how off-mesh links placement on existing scenes.
- Improved navmesh point location/mapping when height mesh is used.
- Increased the height range of NavMesh baking (can build meshes for taller scenes).
- Made Height Mesh query more resilient to small holes in input geometry.
- NavMesh obstacle rotation is take into account when carving and avoiding.
- NavMesh tile count limit lifted from 216 to 228.
- NavMeshPath and NavMeshAgent paths removed 256 polygon limit.
- OffMeshLink – removed restriction on tile span – previously connected only up to neighbouring tiles.
- KitKat Immersive Fullscreen Mode. Applied by default.
- Rendering to multiple displays.
- Rendering to custom java surfaces. Exposed in Unity as additional displays.
- AAR Support. AAR files can now be used as a replacement for Android Library Project folders.
- State Machine BehavioursStateMachineBehaviours is a new MonoBehaviour-like Component that can be added to a StateMachine state to attach callbacks
- Available callbacks are : OnStateEnter, OnStateExit, OnStateUpdate, OnStateMove, OnStateIK, OnStateMachineEnter and OnStateMachineExit
- Animator.GetBehaviour(). This function return the first StateMachineBehaviour that match type T
STATE MACHINE BEHAVIORS
- StateMachine TransitionsCan now add higher level transitions from StateMachine to StateMachine
- Entry and Exit nodes define how the StateMachine behaves upon entering and exiting.
STATE MACHINE TRANSITIONS
- Asset APIAllows to create and edit, in Editor, all types of Mecanim assets ( Controllers, StateMachines, BlendTree etc.)
- Added API for Avatar, Motion Nodes, Events and Curve in the Model Importer
- Direct Blend Tree.New type of blend tree to control the weight of each child independently
What’s New In Unity 5
- Preview What’s New In Unity 5: Introduction (3:10)
The Unity 5 New Features Explained
- Preview The Standard Shader (6:29)
- Realtime Global Illumination (7:15)
- Lighting Updates (19:49)
- Animation Updates (14:00)
- AI Updates (19:36)
- Animation Updates Part 2 (10:44)
- User Interface Updates (9:18)
- Start Conclusion
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected]